I finally own a Switch!!
So it has finally happened, I have at long last got my hands on the Nintendo Switch! I have been interested in trying the Switch since its initial release in March of last year, my main concern in 2017 was that there wasn’t an awful lot of games available, in fact there were very few titles available upon the release of the console, I simply couldn’t justify £280 for the console alone when there wasn’t much to be offered games wise. Granted The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wilds would have been a good enough reason to buy the console for die hard fans but for me personally as much as I enjoy a good Zelda game I simply couldn’t justify that amount of money for a single game when there many other games that I had an interest in for my PS4, Xbox One and PC.
These days however the Switch is starting to boast a healthy amount of games, plenty that hold a certain interest to me. Naturally when I bought my Switch I did get Breath of The Wilds with it and all I can say is WOW! It is a truly incredible experience, I am almost gutted with how long it has taken me to play it, a review will be coming in for Breath of The Wilds as soon as I am done with my adventure in Hyrule. Alongside Zelda I decided to buy a game that I have always been meaning to play, especially since I thoroughly enjoyed the first instalment, Bayonetta 2 has proven to be an enjoyable experience, a game that works very well on the Switch I have to say, the fact that a free code for the first Bayonetta came with it only adds to my impression of the purchase.
I have always felt that the premise of the Switch has been solid, the ability to both use the console as a home console and portable device certainly adds to its appeal, a unique quality that the other main stream consoles are missing. I love being able to play some Zelda from the comfort of my front room, then being able to take it with me be it at work or a friends or even if I am travelling for a considerable time! The graphics are stunning, Breath of The Worlds is a visual beauty! The second I left the temple, entering Hyrule for the first time my breathe was taken away.
As I do with every console I had to purchase an extra controller…..or two! I simply couldn’t decide between the Legend of Zelda or Crash Bandicoot so I found myself purchasing two new controllers for my switch. The controllers are extremely light and have a nice feel to them, very comfortable to hold, a great purchase for sure, I am well and truly kitted out for some gaming parties!
As I stated above my main reason for finally purchasing the Nintendo Switch was the increasing size of its gaming library, here is a list of just a few games that I am keen to take with me when I go on my travels:
· Dark Souls Remastered – I know this hasn’t been released yet and I already own it on the PS4 but the idea of being able to journey through Lordran while on the go is rather appealing.
· Pokemon Lets Go – Again this hasn’t been released but at least there is a release date Available (November 16th 2018). It is a pokemon game, do I need any other reason? Of course not, the real question is do I want the Pikachu or Eevee edition? Leaning more towards Eevee!
· Mario Aces – Tennis has always been a favourite sport of mine, I enjoy watching all four grand slams every year and I have always found tennis games to be surprisingly enjoyable so naturally throwing Mario into the mix is going to create a golden game that I must own.
· Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy – Crash Bandicoot on the go! Enough said
· Mario Kart 8 – It is almost like a right of passage for all Nintendo console owners to have a Mario Kart game and for me it has been years since I owned Mario Kart, I am determined to change that now that I have the Switch.
· Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – I love the first one so naturally the second one has found itself on my radar.
· Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition – Dynasty Warriors in the form of Zelda…..YES PLEASE! This is an absolute must have, I will have this game in my collection very soon, I guarantee it!
· Splatoon 2 – honestly I have never played Splatoon at all but I think it looks like it could be a lot of fun, especially on a Friday night with some drinks and my friends, then again a lot of the Switch games would be perfect for that kind of Friday night!
That is just a few of the games that are currently on my radar, if you have any games that you would personally recommend that I haven’t mentioned here then I would like to hear what games you guys enjoy.
I have got many posts that could be coming your way now that I finally own the Nintendo Switch, from my complete thoughts on the console itself to its ever increasing game library.